VACANCY – General Administrator – Operations
Contract: Permanent, Fractional – 25 hours per week
Pay: £10,612.84 – £11,268.92 pa
An opportunity to join the College’s Operations department, which incorporates Estates and IT amongst others, providing general administration support. Includes working with a staff body of over 300 people, both teaching and support, and over 2,200 students.
The range of tasks will include:
• General filing and organisation.
• Coordinating support activities for internal events providing one stop shop for staff.
• Organising college staff for individual training, e.g. first aid, Midas, lifting, fire; notifying people ahead of time of their need to train.
• Liaising with contractors to agree dates for visits and work.
• Keeping on top, reminding of and booking of essential statutory maintenance.
• Monitoring license expiry and notifying the relevant person in good time.
• Ensuring that information needed by HR for the single central record is kept up to date with regard to contractors.
• Join the first aid rota (training will be provided).
• Undertake general maintenance tasks, for example painting and gardening, during times of high workload and during academic breaks.
Requirements and prospects
The job holder will have demonstrable experience of exceptional customer focused service delivery understanding the key principles of customer satisfaction and delivery of services to the end-user. They will be IT literate and have good written and oral communication skills; be a self-starter able to accurately prioritise without direct guidance.
Qualifications required – Good level of English written and verbal, ideally Maths and English GCSE's A* – C or equivalent.
Closing date for applications – Midday Tuesday 17th September 2019
PLEASE NOTE – We do not accept CVs as a method of application. Please complete the application form provided. Thank you.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive we are only able to contact those candidates to be interviewed.
Benefits include: a defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), free on-site car parking, various local business staff discounts, on-site fitness suite, Refectory, Cycle to Work and Child Care voucher schemes.
Cirencester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.