VACANCY – GCSE English Tutor (Adult Education) Evening Classes
GCSE English Tutor (Adult Education) – Hourly Paid (Evening classes)
Fixed term hourly paid contract 3 hours per week for up to 34 weeks
Academic Salary range: (Band 2-3) £24637-£25783 pro rata
Start Date: 1st September 2019 until 30th June 2020
GCSE English Tutor required from 1st September 2019, for our adult evening classes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of adult tutors who are passionate about helping adults achieve their potential and grasp opportunities they felt were no longer possible.
The post holder will be expected to:
• Ensure students understand the content of the syllabus by habitually delivering good lessons
• Mark assessments such as tests, mock exams and homework assignments accurately and in a timely fashion
• Closely monitor students’ progress and alert relevant parties to emerging issues
• Demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Have a good understanding of the GCSE specification and assessment criteria
• Hold a PGCE or other level 4 teaching qualification, or demonstrate a commitment to obtain an equivalent qualification on the job
Further details can be found in the job description attached.
Closing Date: 19th June 2019
Please apply now. This may be closed once sufficient applications are received.
Cirencester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.