VACANCY – IT Service Apprentice
Full Time Fixed Term – One Year
Apprenticeship pay: £10,582 – £13,853
An opportunity to join Cirencester College within the IT Services team, carrying out a wide range of IT support desk tasks focusing on customer service and desk top services but with exposure to servers and networks. Includes working with a staff body of over 350 people, both teaching and support, and over 2,200 students across an installation of over 2,000 MS-Windows based PCs.
We are looking for an apprentice who will happily work in a small team, and have the confidence to work on their own where needed. We need someone who can provide a consistently high service and be willing to take on new challenges and skills.
The range of tasks will include:
• Answering the help desk phone, responding to emails and logging tickets as required
• Resolving fault tickets and service requests providing first time fix where possible
• Proactively keeping users informed where a first time fix is not possible
• Work in a manner that is strongly customer focussed
• Send time with users understanding needs and desires and bring those back to the department for solutions
• Be self-starting and proactive
• Maintain asset database, and other appropriate databases
• Support college events in terms of IT provision, which on sporadic occasions may require working outside of normal hours in evenings and weekends
Requirements and prospects:
Excellent verbal communication skills, good written communication skills, confident telephone skills, ability to deal with staff, students, parent and suppliers. Good IT skills (very confident working with the Windows Operating system and Office applications). Formal IT qualifications are not essential but may act as a differentiator with other applicants. We are looking for someone who can learn new tasks quickly, is organised, able to work accurately and use their own initiative.
• Able to work as part of a team and use own initiative.
• Confident communicator.
• Good timekeeping and able to organise themselves.
• Able to be flexible and adapt quickly to change.
• Positive, enthusiastic and motivated.
Good level of English written and verbal, ideally Maths and English GCSEs A*-C or equivalent.
This is a fixed 1-year contract.
Closing date for applications: 20 August 2018 at 9am
Interviews will be held on: w/c Monday 27 August 2018
PLEASE NOTE – We do not accept CVs as a method of application. Please complete the application form provided. Thank you.